NPC Men’s Physique Division Rules and Regulations
Each competitor must be a member of the NPC You can typically sign up the day of your show (check with the promoter of your specific show for exact details) or you can go here and join http://www.npcnewsonline.com/join.cfm
Men’s Physique Competitor Rules and Regulations
Check-In – Competitors will be checked in.
Beginning in 2011 a new division for men will be introduced – Men’s Physique. The following are the guidelines/rules.
- Muscularity and Body Condition
Judges will be looking for fit contestants who display proper shape and symmetry combined with muscularity and overall condition. This is not a bodybuilding contest so extreme muscularity should be marked down.
- Stage Presence and Personality
- Contestants will be asked to walk in board shorts (shorts must be just above the knee in length and can be one inch below the belly button, no spandex and no logos are permitted on the board shorts however a manufacturer’s logo such as Nike symbol or Billabongs are acceptable.)
- Competitors will enter the stage without a shirt and barefoot.
- No lewd acts allowed for example the moon pose.
- Judges are looking for the contestant with the best stage presence and poise who can successfully convey his personality to the audience.
- Competitors will walk to the center of the stage alone and perform quarter (1/4) turns with optional pose of hand on hip or hand in pocket, face the judges as directed then proceed to the side of the stage.
- The competitors will be brought back out in a group and directed to do quarter turns
- Judges will have the opportunity to compare competitors against each other in quarter turns.
Promoters can choose to have one class or two. For contests with two classes:
- Up to including 5’8”
- Over 5’8”
National level contests do not permit competitors to crossover into Bodybuilding. All other competitions are permitted to have crossovers at the discretion of the promoter with district chairperson’s approval.
Who Qualifies for National Level Men’s Physique Competitions:
- Competitors that place in the top five (5) in each class at national qualifying contests will have a one year qualification for national level events.
- Note: For 2011 a place in the top five (5) of any Men’s Physique contest will qualify you for national level contests.
QUALIFYING FOR IFBB PROFESSIONAL STATUS:
- JUNIOR USA CHAMPIONSHIPS – Top 2 placers in the overall comparison earn IFBB Pro Card
- JUNIOR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS – Top 4 placers in the overall comparison earn IFBB Pro Card
- TEAM UNIVERSE – Height class winners earn IFBB Pro Card
- USA CHAMPIONSHIPS – Height class winners earn IFBB Pro Card
- IFBB NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIPS – Top 2 placers in the overall comparison earn IFBB Pro Card
- NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS – Height class winners earn IFBB Pro Ca