NPC Women’s Physique Division Rules and Regulations
Each competitor must be a member of the NPC You can typically sign up the day of your show (check with the promoter of your specific show for exact details) or you can go here and join http://www.npcnewsonline.com/join.cfm
Women’s Physique Competitor Rules and Regulations
Check-In – Competitors will be checked in and weighed.
Women’s physique division (herein referred to as “WP”) has been created to give a platform for women who enjoy weight training, competing, contest preparation. Competitors should display a toned, athletic physique showcasing femininity, muscle tone, beauty/flow of physique.
Women’s Physique will be judged on the following criteria:
- Symmetry, shape, proportion, muscle tone, poise and beauty flow
- Physique assessment and comparison will take place during prejudging
- Physique should display all of the above criteria without compromising femininity, beauty/flow of physique, etc.
The following are examples of common terms used in the bodybuilding industry. These words can be helpful to assess what should NOT be descriptive to the physiques being judged in WP: Ripped, shredded, peeled, striated, dry, diced, hard, vascular, grainy, massive, thick, dense, etc.
While all types of physiques will be considered when it comes to height, weight, structure, etc. Excessive muscularity should be scored down accordingly.
Women’s Physique should be judged as a standard between women’s figure and women’s bodybuilding.
- Individual one minute routine with 10 second warning
- Quarter turns
- Mandatory posing comparisons/ call-outs
- Individual posing routine
Who qualifies for IFBB professional league status
- Junior USA and Junior Nationals the top two (2) qualify for IFBB professional league status
- At all other national events including Team Universe, USA, IFBB North American and Nationals, the top three (3) will qualify for ifbb professional league status.
The npc wants to set the standard for 2011 at the junior events and therefore only qualifying the top two (2).
- Suits worn by WP competitors for prejudging must be a two piece.
- Suits do not have to be solid in color.
- The bottom of the suit must be v-shaped.
- No thongs are permitted.
- Competitors can compete in an off the rack suit.
- All suits must be in good taste.
Mandatory poses will be performed with open hand style and include the following poses:
- Front double biceps/open hands (no flat footed full front pose – some sort of front twisting pose)
- Back double biceps/open hands
- Side triceps with leg extended
- Side chest with arms extended
- Front ab/thigh
Finals routine will be maximum 90 seconds in length, performed to music of athletes choice adhering to rules set forth by the npc.
- Music containing profanity or explicit language should not be used and may result in routine being cut short.
- No props will be used.
- No heels may be worn at any time during the competition/judging of WP